Sunday, October 4, 2009

Praying Through The Bible

Last year I tried the posting a picture everyday for a year, and we all know how that turned out… I think I stopped doing it because it had (little to) no importance in how I lived my life. I’m on a journey where I want to learn more about God and his plan for me, and from last years idea I have come up with a new one. This year, starting with the book of James, and who knows where from there, I am going to read, (and then pray from what I got out of reading) one chapter a day.
I’m using the Life Application Study Bible, NIV from Zondervan unless otherwise noted.
My (hopeful) set up will be this:
Chapter in its entirety

Verses and my commentary/what I learned/got from them along with my prayer for that verse/set of verses

Entire prayer in one continuous read.

Thank you so much for keeping me accountable with this! I trust you all, and see you as godly men and women. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts and opinions!

God, I thank you for putting these wise people into my life! I praise you for your wonderful creations! Thank you for giving me the healing and love you know I need. Thank you for these friendships! God be with them in their hardships and struggles, God let this be a place for learning, love and friendship! Thank you for giving joy and the desire to know you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment